What is Restylane Silk?
The lips and the lines around the mouth, like other areas of the face, show signs of aging as you get older. This often results in lip thinning, lost shape and an increase in vertical lines above the lip. Restylane Silk is designed specifically to provide natural-looking results in these particular areas by using smaller, smoother hyaluronic acid particles than those used in other Restylane® products.1-8
The Lips You Want
Finally, a filler that can help you achieve your ideal lips. Restylane® Silk is the first FDA-approved product specifically designed for lip augmentation and the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth in patients 21 years of age and older.6
- Data on file. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Refyne. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Defyne. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Lyft. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Silk. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Papakonstantinou E, Roth M, Karakiulakis G. Hyaluronic acid: a key molecule in skin aging. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):253-258.
- Cohen JL, Dayan SH, Brandt FS, et al. Systematic review of clinical trials of small- and large-gel-particle hyaluronic acid injectable fillers for aesthetic soft tissue augmentation. Dermatol Surg. 2013;39(2):205-231.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Restylane Silk contains traces of gram-positive bacterial protein and is contraindicated for patients with allergies to such material or for patients with severe allergies that have required in-hospital treatment. Restylane Silk should not be used by patients with bleeding disorders, with hypersensitivity to amide-type local anesthetics, such as lidocaine, under the age of 22, or by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Restylane Silk should not be injected anywhere except the dermis or lip submucosa.
Use of Restylane Silk at the site of skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infection should be postponed until healing is complete. The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, tenderness, bruising, pain, and redness at the injection site. These are typically mild in severity and resolve in 2-7 days after treatment. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis and scarring at the injection site. Do not implant into blood vessels. Use with caution in patients recently treated with anticoagulant or platelet inhibitors to avoid bleeding and bruising.
Treatment volume should be limited to 1.5 mL per lip per treatment and 1.0 mL for perioral rhytid correction, as greater amounts significantly increase moderate and severe injection site reactions. The safety or effectiveness of treatment in areas other than lips and perioral rhytids has not been established in controlled clinical studies.
Restylane Silk is only available through a licensed practitioner.
STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY IS USED THROUGHOUT THIS WEBSITE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED OTHERWISE, ALL PHOTOGRAPHY IS OF THIRD-PARTY MODELS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL PATIENTS AND IS NOT INTENDED TO REPRESENT ACTUAL PATIENTS. WITH ALL BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES SHOWN ON THE SITE, NO CLAIMS ARE MADE THAT RESULTS ARE TYPICAL. RESULTS VARY BY INDIVIDUAL PATIENT AND RESULTS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. IMAGES OF ACTUAL PATIENTS ARE SHOWN FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.