What is Restylane Refyne?
As skin loses elasticity with age, the lines that run from the sides of your nose toward the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corner of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines) appear more noticeable. Restylane Refyne is a specifically formulated hyaluronic acid dermal filler made with XpresHAn Technology that helps correct these lines for a more natural look to your face. The unique cross-linking of the gel in Restylane Refyne is also designed to help support your natural expression—for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when you’re smiling, frowning and even puckering up.1-8
Natural Results That Refyne Your Laugh Lines
A next-generation hyaluronic acid dermal filler designed to help support your skin while keeping you looking like you
NEW Restylane® Refyne is designed with XpresHAn Technology™ to help soften laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). This can help you restore a more natural look to your face while maintaining your facial expressions. So, you always look like you. Talk to your specialist and see for yourself why it’s worth it.2
- Data on file. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Refyne. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Defyne. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Lyft. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Silk. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Papakonstantinou E, Roth M, Karakiulakis G. Hyaluronic acid: a key molecule in skin aging. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):253-258.
- Cohen JL, Dayan SH, Brandt FS, et al. Systematic review of clinical trials of small- and large-gel-particle hyaluronic acid injectable fillers for aesthetic soft tissue augmentation. Dermatol Surg. 2013;39(2):205-231.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
The Restylane family of products includes Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane® Silk, Restylane® Refyne, and Restylane® Defyne.
Restylane® and Restylane-L® are for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane® and Restylane-L® are also indicated for injection into the lips in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Silk is for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral wrinkles in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Refyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Defyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in patients over the age of 21.
Are there any reasons why I should not use products within the Restylane® family? (Contraindications)
To ensure a safe procedure, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. You should not use products within the Restylane family if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- You are allergic to lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are intended to treat facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane and Restylane-L are also intended for lip enhancement. Treatments in other areas of the face have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
- The safety and effectiveness of Restylane® Silk for areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been evaluated in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- The use of these products on gel injection sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
What are the possible side effects?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, and itching at the injection site. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious, and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with any of the Restylane products, please call Galderma Laboratories, L.P at 1-855-425-8722.
The Restylane family of products is available only through a licensed practitioner.
STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY IS USED THROUGHOUT THIS WEBSITE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED OTHERWISE, ALL PHOTOGRAPHY IS OF THIRD-PARTY MODELS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL PATIENTS AND IS NOT INTENDED TO REPRESENT ACTUAL PATIENTS. WITH ALL BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES SHOWN ON THE SITE, NO CLAIMS ARE MADE THAT RESULTS ARE TYPICAL. RESULTS VARY BY INDIVIDUAL PATIENT AND RESULTS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. IMAGES OF ACTUAL PATIENTS ARE SHOWN FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.