Aging Skin 101
ACHIEVE A MORE YOUTHFUL-LOOKING YOU
It’s a part of life — our skin changes as we age. It becomes thinner, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once did. Facial aging actually begins in your 20s, when skin firmness begins to decrease as a result of both internal (genetics and natural aging) and external (sun exposure, smoking, pollution, sleeping positions, etc.) factors.
WHAT HAPPENS AS WE AGE?
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity
- Hyaluronic acid diminishes as we age, causing skin to lose volume while increasing the chances for wrinkles and folds to appear
Combat signs of facial aging
THERE ARE THREE MAJOR KINDS OF ANTI-AGING TREATMENTS
Chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and laser resurfacing modify the surface of the skin to correct visible signs of sun damage, such as fine lines, irregular pigmentation, and blemishes.
Toxins, traditional fillers (hyaluronic acid) and collagen stimulators are injected into facial areas to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and restore facial contours.
A wide range of surgical procedures exist, like liposuction, facelifts and fat transfers, which are used to remove excess fat, lift severely sagging skin or fill facial hollows. These are the most invasive types of treatment.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP combat the signs of aging with RESTYLANE®?
The good news is that you can do something about the signs of facial aging with a product in the Restylane family — to help reveal a younger-looking you.
With minimal downtime and no surgery, products in the Restylane family are used to:1
- provide natural-looking results by smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds and adding volume to lips (Restylane)2
- provide subtle lip enhancement and smoothing the lines around them (Restylane Slik)3
- add lift and volume to the cheeks and facial wrinkles and folds (Restylane Lyft)4
- provide natural-looking results to laugh lines with flexibility that allows you to maintain your natural expressions (Restylane Refyne & Restylane Defyne)5,6
That means you get minimally invasive, clinically proven, natural-looking results to help achieve the look you want. Talk to your healthcare provider today to determine if the Restylane family of products is right for you.
- Data on file. MA-10346 Clinical Study Report. Fort Worth, TX: Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2016.
- Restylane. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Silk. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Restylane Lyft. Instructions for Use. Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Data on file. MA-32418 Study Report. Fort Worth, TX: Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2016.
- Data on file. MA-30083 Study Report. Fort Worth, TX: Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2016.
STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY IS USED THROUGHOUT THIS WEBSITE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED OTHERWISE, ALL PHOTOGRAPHY IS OF THIRD-PARTY MODELS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL PATIENTS AND IS NOT INTENDED TO REPRESENT ACTUAL PATIENTS. WITH ALL BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES SHOWN ON THE SITE, NO CLAIMS ARE MADE THAT RESULTS ARE TYPICAL. RESULTS VARY BY INDIVIDUAL PATIENT AND RESULTS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. IMAGES OF ACTUAL PATIENTS ARE SHOWN FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.